The Backpacker & Youth Tourism Advisory Panel (BYTAP) is the peak national representative body for the Australian inbound Backpacker and Youth Adventure Tourism industry.
The role of BYTAP is to:
- Act as the critical link between the backpacker & youth adventure industry, the states and territories and federal government in the interpretation of segment-specific issues
- Represent the interests of the backpacker segment to other industry organisations, government and the community on a national level
- Facilitate an active and effective policy forum where key industry stakeholders present issues for development and action
- Raise the profile of the backpacker & youth adventure tourism sector
- Lead the way in the on-going development of growth strategies to maximise the contribution of the backpacker and youth adventure market to Australia